Are you planning on redecorating your home? If so, you must be over-excited just thinking of all the cute stuff you will get and, of course, picturing a lovely home.
But not so fast. Before you jump into the buying stage, there are five top unwritten rules you must follow. If you do not, your home might end up looking like a kindergartner got a hold of the paintbrush.
These rules are simple to follow and as easy as one two three! So what are you waiting for?
- Less is more – meaning keep it simple stupid (KISS). Too much clutter can be very distracting and makes a space look smaller than what it is.
- Every room needs a focal point – that means something that grabs your attention right away. It is best to have a focal point at the entrance of a room.
- Be bold – go crazy with colors, patterns, and textures; it’s your home, not anyone else’s!
- Repeat yourself – once you find that perfect piece for your home, try to find more like it or something similar that will perfectly match into the same space.
- Mix it up – if you are utilizing wood furniture in one area of your home, you don’t have to use the exact look down to color and texture in every other room, unless, of course, you want your home to look like an episode out of Hoarders (which no one wants).
Remember mixing things up can be as easy as using one large patterned area rug and placing a few smaller-sized solid rugs in different areas of your home.
The most important thing to remember is to ENJOY decorating your home! You will do it for years, so there is no need to be nervous or stressed out about it.
Just keep in mind these top five unwritten rules, and before you know it, your home will be looking gorgeous.
Need Professional Designing and Decorating Services?
No problem at all.
Find a home decorator in your area and get started instantly, just like that!
- Designing services
- Decorating services
- Bathroom design
- Kitchen design
- Interior design and decorating
- Home decor
- Custom designs
- Space planning
- Furniture arrangement
Reach out today for a transformational look!